Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S CHORES

Leaves have started to fall even though the weather is exceptionally warm.
Most sidewalks downtown are divided: one side for walking and the other for biking. Some are shared with bikers and walkers. Most people just walk or bike where-ever. It’s safer to drive a car than walk or ride a bike.
Libraries in Finland are very popular and no wonder when hardcover book, regular novel can cost $50.00.
Kirjasto,  Front door

riverside side
back side
Kansalaisopisto (People's School) where I'm taking weaving and spinning classes this fall and winter. They have all kinds of classes: writing, painting, crafts, languages, exercising, woodworking and more.
Kela building, where I applied my heath insurance. Application is sent to a bigger town (Turku),  the process will take two to three months. I might get to taste socialized healthcare before I leave Finland.
Back home over the river.
Rauma river has its own species of fish and some common ones also. You are not suppose to fish here but on her evening walk my sister saw somebody catch a fish from this spot and not a tiny one but big enough to call it a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment