Thursday, August 20, 2009

NewDeco

I do not like wallpaper.
This was not bad but some corners were loose so.....started to pull it off and this was a result. Next day and a half I used hot water and a scraper to get all three layers off.
The color was amazing, one wall kind of blue and rest lilac
I have hard time finding tint I want and also glazing. In one hardware store the young man had no idea what I was talking about. People do not paint walls here much, they wallpaper for reasons I don't know. There are two stores Paint in their names in this town but one sells wallpaper and the other paint for cars. Go figure. I found some stuff in art store, hopefully it works. In one of the decorating books the author recommends using wallpaper paste as glazing ( prevent the paint to dry too quickly.) I might have to try that.

1 comment:

  1. I am still trying to get the remaining wallpaper glue off the border area in Jacob's room. We were going to paint the borders red, ceiling grayish white, and walls bright blue. Now he says the ceiling is too dark and the blue is not right. I think that all the trim needs to be replaced so they may end up wood to match the new door. Tonight Will suggested we go ahead and take out the 2nd door and fill it in, while the room is emtpy. Do you think we'll be done before school starts in a week?

    ReplyDelete